The Audition Process
Auditioning to join the choir is the three-step process... hearing the choir for yourself, auditioning for placement within one of the four choir ensembles, and then joining the choir (starting with a trial period of four consecutive rehearsals).
For more information or for children who are interested in joining our Choir:
Auditions last approximately 45 minutes and are held in Falls Church, VA.
- Artistic Director will warm up child's voice.
- Student may sing a prepared solo if desired. Young students are not expected to sing a solo.
- Artistic Director will teach student one or two songs from WCC's repertoire. Other activities may include matching pitches and clapping rhythms.
- Information about WCC, their mission, activities, and parent & singer commitments will be discussed.
- Parents and students to ask questions.
All new singers accepted into the choir have a trial period of four consecutive rehearsals.
- Families pay a trial period fee ($100 for Opera Ensemble, Bella Voce, & Concert Choir, and $50 for Junior Choir).
(The trial period payment is applied to the annual tuition after successful completion of the trial period.)
- After your successful completion of the trial period, submit registration materials and remaining tuition.
How Do We Join?
- Observe a rehearsal and/or attend a season concert. (Please click HERE to request information about the next rehearsal or concert.)
- Schedule an audition. (Please click HERE to contact us about scheduling your audition.)
- Upon recommendation from Artistic Director, enroll singer for a one month trial period.
- After successful completion of trial period, submit registration materials and payment.