The Audition Process
All rehearsals and concerts will continue online for the 2021/2022 concert season. For those interested in joining WCC, a Zoom meeting will be held after the singer and parent watch some of our rehearsal and concert videos. In the Zoom meeting, the director warm-ups the singer's voice, checks vocal range and health, and determines placement. We know that all children, teens (and adults) can learn to sing and perform to a high standard. Time for questions will also be included. If parents, child, and the director feel that we have a good match, enrollment is for the entire concert season (September - May).
For more information or for children who are interested in joining our Choir:
Auditions last approximately 45 minutes and are held in Falls Church, VA.
- Artistic Director will warm up child's voice.
- Student may sing a prepared solo if desired. Young students are not expected to sing a solo.
- Artistic Director will teach student one or two songs from WCC's repertoire. Other activities may include matching pitches and clapping rhythms.
- Information about WCC, their mission, activities, and parent & singer commitments will be discussed.
- Parents and students to ask questions.
All singers enroll for the entire concert season.
- Registration is made in WCC’s Google Registration Form. Parents elect which payment plan (single, three months, or five months). A link to fill out the form will be sent after the parent notifies the director that her/his child will enroll.
- Tuition is based on the family’s taxable income. Check (or checks for multiple months payment plans) are mailed to the choir office: 2128 McKay Street, Falls Church, VA.
How Do We Join?
- Observe a rehearsal and/or attend a season concert. (Please click HERE to request information about the next rehearsal or concert.)
- Schedule an audition. (Please click HERE to contact us about scheduling your audition.)
- Upon recommendation from Artistic Director, enroll singer for a one month trial period.
- After successful completion of trial period, submit registration materials and payment.